Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Alyse Hanssen Missing Teddy Hanssen?

Unfiction poster liz_sparkles (who joined Unfiction today), notes the latest published comment on Tidowave.

MissingTeddyHanssen: That’s what I thought. You’re pathetic. And if you think I’m giving up on my brother you’re stupider than I gave you credit for. Anyone who’s tired of being lied to should come to my blog. We have to stick together. There are more people out there affected by this. I can’t be the only one.
In response to that comment, liz_sparkles decided to check and see if MissingTeddyHanssen had a blogspot of the same url. Sure enough, http://missingteddyhanssen.blogspot.com/ is live and its owner claims to be Alyse Hanssen, Teddy Hanssen's sister.

So is MissingTeddyHanssen.Blogspot in-game? I personally checked that blogspot url a few days ago. At that time the blog url was taken, but there was no published blog. Looking at the blog posts, their "Post dates" have clearly been manipulated (I could date this post yesterday if I chose). Case in point, the very first post on the blog with the visible post date of "Thursday, March 20, 2008" has a url post date of April/2008 (http://missingteddyhanssen.blogspot.com/2008/04/ok.html). After that it appears the blogger backdated the posts prior to publishing them. I would like to say I trust the PMs, but even so, the comment on Tidowave (read: approved by them) doesn't explicitly link to MissingTeddyHanssen.Blogspot.

Nevertheless, it's interesting, even if it is a game-jack.

Thanks Dennis for emailing me about this.

4 Comments:

Guilherme said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Edward said...

Guilherme: Thanks for the comment, but we know it's just a movie. Your comment was removed, however, because that site you're promoting is not related to Cloverfield.

Bunni Rabbit said...

I wasn't sure myself. I mean all the other sites have there own domains. I know MissingTeddyHanssen is real, but the blog..eh. Why not?

Toonoisy said...

at http://www.1-18-08.com/ there's a new picture. Of Teddy Hanssen...