Friday, February 22, 2008

JJ Abrams Talks To ReelzChannel About A Cloverfield II

ReelzChannelIn Unfiction The Enchanted One posts a link to ReelzChannel asking JJ Abrams about a Cloverfield sequel, whether it would be done in the same handheld camera style and if there will be another monster?



Transcript:

Another Cloverfield?

There is an idea that has come up that . . . we're exploring so we'll see if it's worth doing then hopefully we'll get a chance to do it.

Handheld again?

I think that to some degree I think it can be a good thing. I think that there are a lot of movies that seem to be doing that so I think that you know, no gimmick is good once its been done again and again and again. So I feel like you know, I loved it when I saw it in Blair Witch and I thought how cool to sort of take that idea and kind of do a monster movie through that kind of prism. But you know at a certain point it's the kind of thing probably wears out it's welcome you know, for some people probably while watching the movie, you know what I'm saying?

Another monster?

A monster, yeah, another sort of a interesting way in but we have some cool ideas and Drew Goddard, the writer and Matt Reeves the director have sort of cooked something up so we're . . . you know hopefully that'll get a chance to happen.

1 Comments:

Dave and Thomas said...

Cool. Thanks for the tip. I got up a post about it and will link back to you for the tip.

http://1-18-08.blogspot.com/2008/02/jj-abrams-talks-cloverfield-ii.html


Thanks again,
-Dave